Are there a gazillion things on your To Do list for this week or maybe even for today? A list that big can be daunting, frustrating and, let’s face it, unachievable.
Keep it real. You’re a beautiful human being not a cape-wearing super hero who can take on giant To Do lists.
The good news is there’s a better way and you can start right now. That’s right.
1. PAUSE and take five deep, calming breaths.
Give yourself permission to take off your super hero cape.
2. Ask yourself this question...
“What are the three goals that I most want to achieve this week?”
3. Thinking about those three goals, what do you need to do to achieve them and how much time do you want to dedicate to them?
4. Grab your diary. The goals you’ve chosen are your ‘big rocks’. These are the things most important to you, so always schedule time for these first.
5. Okay, so there’s probably still a lot on your To Do list. Take another look at it (make sure you’ve done steps # 2-4). It’s time to get tough. Use these questions and identify what else you’ll give your time and attention to.
* Is this task important to me?
* Am I the best person to do it?
* Is this the best use of my time?
* [If a task is important] - Can it be done at another time?
* …add in your own questions too.
Reducing your list of a gazillion things down to a number that's realistic will help you be successful. It really is a case of less is more!
How good does it feel to have a focused list of priorities, scheduled in your diary, to help you achieve your goals?
Be sure to live as only you can in a way that makes you happy